Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring is here...hopefully to stay!

This week has been incredibly wonderful and sunny! Yay sun! Today is a wonderful 67 degrees with just the slightest breeze. Wonderful! I'm not sure how much more of the gray of February I could take. It always seems to be the dreariest month, regardless of where we're living.
March is a big month for us. Ethan, our first born, will be 8 on Saturday. Yes, 8 years old! How that has happened I'm not too sure. In a couple of weeks Casey will be out of school for Spring break and then at the end of the month we will celebrate his birthday.
That's about all I've got for now. Unless you'd like to hear more about the new vegetables we've been trying lately. You do? Okay, we also tried some parsnips this past week and butternut squash. All I can say about parsnips is, "yuck!" Not a big fan of those. I did like the butternut squash the first night, but couldn't bring myself to eat the leftovers. So, I'm now back to green beans, salad, broccoli, etc. I'm going to take a little break from new veggies for a couple of weeks.

Oh, and I am on week 6 of no sugar! That's right, zip, nada, zilch on the sugar (and refined flours).

No comments:

Post a Comment