Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ethan's Birthday

Saturday we celebrated Ethan's 8th birthday. I can hardly believe that he is that old already! We had a fun day celebrating. After breakfast we got ready and headed out to a place called the Main Event. They have bowling, arcade, laser tag, etc. We had hoped to do laser tag, but Josiah was not quite at the height requirement. We did bowl a game and then spent some time at the arcade. We let Ethan choose lunch and he chose McDonalds.... Really? What a surprise!
After lunch we headed home to get ready for the barbecue. We didn't tell Ethan until that afternoon, but we invited some friends and neighbors to join us for a cook out. We grilled some chicken, sausage and hot dogs and had a great time. Funny, that all of the kids were girls, other than our two boys. What happened to all the little boys around here? Well, the boys that Ethan and Josiah played with the most have all moved away off campus! Sad.... The boys didn't seem to mind all the girls, they all get along well.

This year I asked Ethan if it would be okay if we just bought a cake and he was agreeable. However, when I checked the prices (the day before) I thought, no way! The cake he picked out was over $20! So, being the frugal person I am I decided it would be better to make the time and bake him a cake myself. He was set on a transformer cake, so we had a compromise. He could pick out his cake and frosting AND a small transformer to put on his cake as the decoration. (All for less than $20)! After looking at all the toys, he decided on a new lego power miner set instead. So, I did my best to make him a "lego" type cake. Note, I am NO cake decorator! He loved it though, so that is all that matters! In case you can't tell, there are two lego bricks (1 with sprinkles and the other with the candles) and a "grassy hill" for the guys to hide behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment