Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A good homeschool day

Today has been one of those days where homeschool has gone very well. We don't have too many bad days anymore, but today was just a really, really good day. Ethan breezed through all his work, including extra math work. I thought I would sign him up for a month long trial at a math website for extra practice. He sat down, did the placement test and then spent the next hour in "practice" so he could fill in his graph and get another quiz!
Josiah has been doing great too and today he asked me for the next book to read in his little reader series. He was on "B" and so we went over that together and sure enough he was ready to go on to the "C" book. I said that I wished grandma could see how well he was reading and he said, "why don't you take a picture." Smart kid! So, we pulled out the "C" book and the camera. I am posting the video below of him reading the page. It was the first time he had looked at it and I think he did an excellent job! Days like today make me so glad to be homeschooling my kids!

Well, after trying all afternoon to load the video, it still wouldn't work...so, I'll try to post it on Facebook instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment