Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend review

Our exciting weekend was not really all that exciting, but I want to tell you about all my aches and pains so you'll have sympathy for me...so I have to start on Friday! :>) 

We have a ministry at our church that collects food (perishable and non-perishable) and then takes it out on one Saturday a month to some low income areas.  It really is a pretty big production getting it all ready, but it's been really neat to be a part of it.  So, I went on Friday night to help with bagging up the food (so it's ready to hand out to families).  I had a nice time visiting and helping with all that.  The only problem came when I was putting some fresh produce (watermelon) that was in a crate and putting it into the fridge.  Not the top shelf, but a middle shelf.  However, the movement of lifting it to get it into the fridge pulled a muscle in my shoulder.  It's my "sensitive" shoulder of course.  I didn't notice it Friday so much but man, it hurt on Saturday!  I found an icy/hot patch and used it and it helped a lot, even though I smelled like an old man.  If you think about the part of the shoulder muscle that you use when you put your hands on the steering wheel, kind of right in front.  So that was the first of my problems.

Casey took Ethan out with him to deliver the food on Saturday.  Josiah and I ran a few errands and then chilled out at home.  By Saturday afternoon I was starting to feel icky.  It wasn't until Sunday that I realized I had probably been "glutened."  My sweet husband brought home a blizzard for me when they came home Saturday afternoon.  It was a kind I could eat, but I got some cross contamination going on or something.   Anyway, feeling pretty miserable there that afternoon and evening. 

The one highlight to Saturday evening was skyping with our good friends from college.  I so miss "the gang" but it was so good to chat with everyone for a few minutes.  Such a blessing to have friends we can just pick right up with even if we haven't talked in awhile. 

Sunday, I was still not feeling all that great.  Went to bed Sunday with a headache.  Woke up Monday with a raging headache!  Thankfully it is mostly subsided now.  I got up long enough to drink some water, get a warm compress for my head and some ibuprofen then went back to bed.  Josiah woke me up around 9:30 and I felt a little better.  Ahhhhh. 

Do you feel sympathy for me now?  :>)  Ugh, definitely feeling a little old this weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment