Monday, July 30, 2012

Conversation

I overheard this conversation between the boys this morning.  It reflects so much of their personalities that I thought I should write it down so I don't forget.

Josiah (the Optimist) - "Ethan, don't you just love French toast."
Ethan (the Pessimist) - "Yeah, except I don't like the crust.  I'll eat it, but it's hard to cut."
Josiah - "I just love French toast."

pause

Josiah - "Ethan, do you think we should try to go the whole day without arguing about anything."
Ethan - "That's impossible."
Josiah - "We could try not too."
Ethan - "Yeah, but it's almost impossible to not argue about stuff.  But we could try to not get upset with each other.  I mean, it's just not possible to not argue sometimes.  See, we are even arguing about this, so it's impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment