Thursday, July 26, 2012

GF Banana Cake

Thought I'd share this recipe that I've tweaked over the years.  It's been my "go to" dessert recipe for the last year.  I was making it long before my gluten free days, but I finally found a flour that works really well with this recipe.  It's quick, easy, delicious and gets great reviews from all those who've tried it.  Go figure that I don't really care for bananas and can't stand anything banana flavored, but this cake is the exception to that. 

2 1/2 cups Pamela's Baking Mix
1/2 cup butter
1 cup cane sugar (I like the flavor of the Sugar in the Raw) or use 1/2 brown and 1/2 white sugars
2 eggs
4 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup buttermilk (I use 1 tsp. lemon or vinegar with 2% milk)
1 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bottom of 9X13 pan.  Beat butter and sugar.  Add eggs and mix well.   Mix in bananas.  Alternate adding baking mix and buttermilk.  Stir in chocolate chips and then spread evenly into baking dish. 

You can omit the chocolate chips if you prefer a chocolate frosting on top.

Bake for 35-45 minutes or until set in the middle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment