Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Spring!

Well, I think Spring has officially arrived in Texas! We've enjoyed beautiful weather in the 70's-80's all week. It supposed to be a little stormy on Friday and then clear and warm for the rest of the weekend.
So, here is the recap of the last week, since it's been a while since I've posted anything. Last Friday was Casey's birthday. To celebrate he took us to see Disney on Ice in Dallas. Okay, it was my idea, we were going to go on another night with some friends, just me and the boys, but couldn't get tickets for that night. So, since it was his birthday night I asked him if he'd like to do it and he was very agreeable. We parked down town and then rode the train which has a stop right at the venue where the event was, so that was fun. We enjoyed the show too...most of it anyway!
We arrived home late and tired and noticed that Ethan was not feeling well. Sure enough, he had a fever when we got him to bed. He spent the next day (Saturday) laying around and resting with a low-grade fever and sore throat. Josiah and I went over to the seminary on Saturday morning where they were hosting an Easter Egg hunt for the seminary families. There were four "special" eggs hidden among the hundreds/thousands of eggs...and Josiah found one of them! He got a special Easter basket with some candy and a big red truck in it. He also enjoyed some bounce houses and a little train ride and playing with some friends.
Last Sunday we stayed home from church - (bummer!) - because Ethan was still a little on the not feeling well side of things. They laid around all day and I spent the entire afternoon planning out the last (hopefully) eight weeks of school work! I did get to go to the last evening of the Bible study that I had been in...it was good.
Monday found Ethan doing a bit better. He stayed in bed most of the morning and I was able to get a ton of housework done. I'm amazed at how much I got done having one kid in bed who was also not hungry. He perked up in the afternoon enough to do a little school work. He knew that we were grilling out with our neighbors for her birthday, and he didn't want to miss anything, so I got him to do a little school work if he wanted to be able to go outside.
Nothing to eventful the rest of this week. Casey is super busy with classes and work, but is doing well. We have a fun weekend ahead so I will post on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment