Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring fever!

I think I have it...Springitus or Spring Fever...I am counting down the days till we are done with school! It has been a really good (and hard) year of homeschool and I am finding myself looking for other "options" for next year. I know (because of our location) that public school is not an option, so that leaves private school or homeschool. Our budget does not really leave room for private school these days, so.... I'm trying not to move faster than the Lord on this, but I am really wanting to take some classes at the Seminary too. I think that might be the main cause of the "restlessness" that I'm feeling at home...or maybe it's the 900 square feet of living space??? Well, we'll see how God leads and I'll be patient and wait for His timing.

Speaking of Spring, we took the boys to their first Mariner's (or Rangers) baseball game. It was a good time, though Josiah watched everything but the game. Some friends joined us and Ethan talked his ear off (thanks again Rob!) And, we had to have the discussion with Ethan on why we will not be going to Hooters! (He played a Hooters Wingo game (Bingo) and that was all fine until on the way home he said (as if it were a perfectly normal thing) "Look, there's a Hooters right there.") And of course he wanted to know why, exactly, we wouldn't be going there! "How do you know, have you been there?" Without going into a whole lot of details we just had to end it with, "can you please trust that we want what is best for you?"

Last week I made it to the gym 6 out of 7 days...impressive, yes! I took Sunday off and even made it back again to start this week off. Is it just me or is that elliptical machine a little addictive? So, to date it has been about 12 weeks with NO sugar!!! Yay! The only "artificial" sugar that I've not been able to eliminate is that in my occasional diet coke...or my weekly starbucks skinny vanilla latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment