Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm back...sort of...

Yes, I realize it's been forever since I've posted.  I apologize to my 5 or so faithful readers who have been left hanging out there. :>)
So, here are the "highlights" of the last few weeks! 
  1. Casey has now completed 2 years (4 semesters, plus one summer term) of his Masters Degree.  Only 3 semesters left.  
  2. Casey is now seriously considering a Doctorate.  Yep...add 4 more years of school...
  3. My computer crashed and my hard drive was completely wiped out...yep, gone.
  4. We spent last weekend in Glen Rose, TX (aka dinosaur valley).  It was a lot of fun.  We went to the Dinosaur Valley State Park, Dinosaur World, and the Creation Evidence Museum....we saw lots of dinosaurs.  There is something about boys and dinosaurs!
  5. I came home from our mini vacation (Sat. afternoon) with what I thought was an ear ache that went down into my tonsils.  It got worse.  Monday I went to the Dr. and they checked for strep.  The little swab (that they gag you with and make you cry) came back negative.  However, the dr. took a look and said, well, that sure looks like strep.  So, my first strep...it is quite awful and totally changed all the plans I had for this week.  
  6. We still haven't found a place to live near our church in Joshua, tx.  So, we are praying about buying again (because of number 2).
  7. Casey is not taking summer classes (hallelujah!).  We need a break from school...however, it is looking like he will go to full-time over the summer months at church.
  8. Casey went to NY with the school choir and he loved it.  It was a HUGE deal for the school to be asked.  Casey enjoyed NY a lot.  I can tell because he's still talking about it!  Another great thing was that he got some one on one time with a few profs that he really respects and was able to talk some things out.  
  9. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful friend and "partner" in ministry.  Her name is Stephanie.  And, making it even sweeter is that our kids like to be together and get along very well.  
  10. I cleaned the tub today.  I know, that's not really "news" worthy, but I couldn't end on a 9.

1 comment: