Friday, April 22, 2011

Scripture

I love God's word.  I'm glad my boys love God's word, even at such a young age.
I know I've said this before, but my boys love AWANA.  They love memorizing verses!  Josiah gets so excited when he hears a verse mentioned that he's already memorized.  He'll immediately come to attention and say in a loud whisper, "Mom, I know that one!" 
On school days I will tell them when it's time to get started and they will say, "but Mom, we haven't read our Bibles yet."  Ah, they remind ME what's important! And, for both of them Bible is their favorite subject in school.  I've had to tell Ethan to stop going ahead in his Bible work so we can have time for Math and English and everything else. 
Yesterday morning, we were looking through Josiah's AWANA book and he was sharing with Casey the newest verses he had memorized.  He got to a section with a some reading and just skipped over it.  I told him to go back and read it because it was probably something important (he just wants to skip to the next verse to memorize).  There was a question in his reading that said something like, "Do you ever wonder how you got here?"  You know, one of those philosophical questions.  Josiah said, "No, I know how we got here."  Ethan also answered, "No, God created us, that's why we're here."  Josiah said, "What?!  We drove to Texas!  That's how we got here!"  Casey and I laughed hard at that one.  Characters, yes!  Philosophers, no!

1 comment:

  1. That made me smile. :) Thanks for the help on the typo. I was so verklempted over the whole thing....OY! :) Love you Cathy...come see me!

    ~julie

    ReplyDelete