Sunday, October 30, 2011

Walk on

Saturday afternoon was rough.  I found myself feeling alone and discouraged.  Well, I wasn't alone, I know I've always got Casey and the boys, and my Lord, but I was feeling discouraged.  I found myself wanting the company of a few like-minded friends back home.  After I cried my load of tears and gathered myself a bit I went to the One who knows my heart.  It's Him I desire to please, not man.  He has given us convictions on certain things.  If it's from Him, I dare not compromise, though it would certainly make life easier.  I went to the Word last night, found some encouraging words for my heart and meditated on the Truth.  God knows my heart.  I will stand before Him one day - not any man.  My prayer last night was that I would walk worthy of the One who has called me.  Even if it means withstanding the scorn and judgment of those in the church.  The Lord spoke quietly to me this morning (in church) through the special music song.  I don't know the name of it, but the chorus was a simple beautiful chord that said "walk on.....you are never alone."  Or something to that affect.  More tears...that's just what I do.  Thank you Lord for answering my heart with the simple, beautiful words that were sung.  It was for me and I just wanted to thank Him for that gift.  I will walk on...

No comments:

Post a Comment