Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial weekend and other stuff

Well, here we are in June already!!! We've had a really nice last couple of weeks. I can't remember everything, but we enjoyed the time Casey had off from school. This Memorial weekend we played basketball, went swimming, and just had a fun time together. On Memorial Day we had a cook-out with a bunch of neighbor friends with a Luau theme. It was a lot of fun...but really HOT! The temperatures have been in the 90's all weekend and with the humidity it always feels about 5 degrees hotter than the actual temperature.
Memorial Day always reminds me of my Great-grandma Anne. I spent a lot of time with her growing up and I remember one thing we did every year was go and put flowers on Great-grandpa's grave on Memorial Day. I realized I didn't know much about his family so I thought I'd see what I could find online, if anything. Boy, was I surprised! After a little searching I found a book written in the early 1900's that was a geneology of the Tennant family. Well, I found my grandpa's mom's family there and it went all the way back to 1763! After a little more searching I found a link that had more information on another family and that connected me all the way back to Maximillian Jewett who came to and founded Rowley, MA with his brother in 1639. So, that was a pretty neat find for me.
Casey started his summer class this morning, Systematic Theology. He will have class Tue/Thur mornings from 8-12 through July 2nd. At the end of July he will be going to Hawaii with the chamber chorale and singing and attending the World Baptist Alliance that is being held there. Wish I could go too...another time I guess.
I spent a little time the other day looking at all the city aquatic centers around this area that are a whole lot cheaper than Six flags Hurricane Harbor! I think we will try to visit one each week. Should be lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment